Bidding is the process by which the SOCALYPAA host committee is selected. Is your committee ready to host the next SOCALYPAA?
- Each committee must draft a statement illustrating the reasons why you wish to host a Socalypaa in your area.
- Create a roster of committee members with their positions on the committee and other AA positions currently held.
- Detail the committee’s efforts to engage in AA’s legacies of Recovery, Unity, and Service.
- Submit a purposed list of activities, events, and meeting topic ideas for your conference.
- Bidding committee must have a temporary preregistration flyer with a permanent P.O. Box for the committee.
- The committee agrees to host the conference between the months of September and November.
- Present a list of large scale AA and non AA activities scheduled to take place in your bidding region near the proposed conference dates.
- Obtain commitments from two or more distinct facilities able to accommodate the entire conference, both in sleeping rooms and meeting space.
- Obtain two quotes for audio visual equipment and services for each purposed facility.
- Provide detailed financial records from all committee activities.
- Supply documentation that shows the committee has read, understands, and agrees to comply with the host committee’s responsibilities and guidelines.
- Each committee will be given a maximum of 20 minutes for present their bid and theme of their purposed conference.
*Bidding committees are to provide at least 15 complete copies of their bids to the advisory counsel by 4PM the Friday of the SOCALYPAA Conference.
**No bids will be rejected.